Monday, June 24, 2024

Initial testing shows promise for Hybrid encoder concept

This past weekend (6/22/2024 and 6/23/2024) I was able to work in the development  and testing of the new Hybrid concept of combined ABSolute encoder markings and the ABSolute motor encoders we have been using.   The photo below shows Test Track Z with some of the modifications.  

There is still a lot more work to do to get this refined though.  I still don't think I will achieve 1mm resolution, but it is very close most of the time!!!!


While going through this process, I thought of an idea for a story showing my method of development and testing that I use (especially in my older years).  I think this may be of value to you so hopefully I have time to get that produced for you.

Cheers!
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment

044 Project Update, Building the Computer, and Top level Overview of the Code.

 In this episode we will be exploring more about the Zcheduler computer and software.   Update on status of the ZoomTown Experiment. A short...